Wednesday, April 13, 2005

sentences from my journals

I've spent my life swimming with sleeping pills inside a glass of champagne on Marilyn Monroe's nightstand.

We can't go in there because she's in a bad mood.

It wasn't easy establishing myself as Cincinnati's most powerful shoe salesman.

About two and half Madonna singles have gone by since we last spoke.

I'm a little bit Star Jones and a little bit Kurt Cobain.

I never say things like, "That is TOO funny!"

If my medication didn't prevent me from experiencing emotions, I would cry right now.

Today is the fourteenth because yesterday was the thirteenth, I remember because I wrote the date on a bad check yesterday.

As with any of my work, my intentions are not simply to entertain, but to change the world and feed the hungry.

Columbine! The Musical was never a good idea, no matter how much I thought, through the magic of music and satire, it might open people's eyes to the need for gun control in America.

The McDonald's Christmas party sucked.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 AM

    I'm sure this is completely random, but for some reason you not only look familiar, but your name sounds familiar...any chance you grew up in Texas? I didn't read far enough yet to figure out where you're at...but you're fabulous either way, I can tell just by your list of links!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:43 AM

    Hummmm?!?!? you on crack, or are ya a genious, Did I spell that right??? Too tired to go on tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow to read thru it all Keep on keepin on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Not from Texas. I would love to be though.

    I grew up in California/Illinois.

    Thanks so much. I will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. to anonymous-

    im not on crack but i might as well be with all the coffee i drink and cigs i smoke.

    email me or leave a link or something. id like to know who you are.

    -jeremy

    ReplyDelete