Sunday, April 17, 2005

fear

i don't want to take away from the brilliance of Ann's post. but i think this is so fascinating, I have to do it. my new years resolution was to not be so afraid. so here is an incomplete list of things that i am or have been afraid of in my life:

-the wicked witch of the west creeping around my backyard at night, looking in through my bedroom window
-my parents and sister being robots
-telling my mom that i got my name on the board in first grade
-boys
-friend's fathers
-my parents never coming home
-airplane crashes (but i have an airplane crash movie fetish)
-barbara mandrell dying
-public bathrooms (especially at grade school)
-lunchroom at high school (went to my grandma's for lunch)
-patty harms
-the el train im riding in sliding off the track in the subway, becoming unhooked, and getting smashed up like its in a trash compacter
-being arrested
-eating something and finding out it has mushrooms in it
-aids
-lsd
-marijuana
-becoming addicted to heroin or cocaine, etc
-getting bad grades in college
-my parents dying
-not having cigarettes
-lung cancer
-friends being mad at me
-somehow forgetting how to drive while i'm driving
-choking
-losing my wallet (thus, the chain)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:18 PM

    i am afraid of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. i love it. i can't say i don't relate to you, cause i do relate! ;-)
    let's try and eliminate fear from our lives.

    ReplyDelete