Thursday, May 12, 2005

notes on the boy with the strong jaw

He's a baseball cap wearing, clean smelling, trimmed facial hair and fingernail, sports watching, big handed, perfectly, slightly ripped jeans with broad square shoulders and chest. Durable, capable.

He's curious about art and faggy things, even dabbles in painting or drawing, but not too much. He can't be too curious about anything. He's got other stuff to do, has to make money, has to reproduce.

I was not born this way. My mom told me that the doctor said when I was born that I would never have very good upper body strength. Lots of little things that the doctor said that my mom remembers that stick in my head. Born not breathing, always sticks in my head. Like I barely made it, like my existence was a bonus feature on the dvd.

But that's not a good way to think, is it? No. I slide into it real easy though. Walking around feeling incomplete or special or different.

I'm sorry. So, yeah, he's in one of my classes. He's a real charmer.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're describing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i came here through freddie s site

    when u speak about all what the doctor told to your mom,, its like u were talking about my born day... and here i am...

    come to my site.... maybe u´ll find lots of things in common....
    hugs!
    ian- gay on a wheelchair

    ReplyDelete