Saturday, March 05, 2005

well adjusted


I am very suspicious right now. Things are going on behind my back that I can't even begin to understand.

An architecture of lies that, somehow, hasn't toppled over onto itself. People trying to carbonate their flat, syrupy lives. Trying to shake up a Coke bottle and make it explode.

But I'm getting it all down. I'm creeping around at night taking notes, like Harriet the Spy.

The hidden agendas spoken of casually when you think I'm out of earshot. I'm never out of earshot. I've got bugs and cameras and hackers working for me around the clock. I'm crunching numbers and checking coordinates and they don't add up.

I'm doing secret experiments late into the night with monkees and mice and electrodes. I'm charting, graphing, listening, observing. I'm carefully mixing chemicals and recording the reactions while the rest of the world sleeps.

It's not going to get by me this time. I'm not going to give into it. I'm not going to be tricked again. I'm not a pawn in your game. I'm not a seatholder at your Oscars. Whatever kind of voodoo that you do so well is not going to work very well this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment