Tuesday, March 01, 2005

my perspective

I thought I'd take a break from my depression and comment on a few things I've seen on the television.


The Oscars- I was literally crying everytime Beyonce sang. This gives you an idea of my mental state. I've pulled myself together since.

I love that Beyonce is the only option. Everyone else has gone insane. Whitney, Janet and Mariah have lost it. Madonna's too busy attending services at the Kaballah Centre. Beyonce's like the girl at McDonalds you call when you need to cover a shift. She always says yes and she performs flawlessly. Get Beyonce, she'll do it.


During the Oscars, there were these wonderful commercials for New Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release Gels. The voiceover for the commercial was provided by former indie queen Lily Taylor!

Now I can pretend Lily and I are hanging out, doing some thrift store shopping. I'm not having as much fun as I could be because I've got a splitting headache. Lily pulls a box of New Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release Gels out of her funky oversized purse and in seconds I'm right back in the game, flipping through the racks for that perfect pair of vintage jeans.


The Amazing Race 7
The Amazing Race is turning into Gay-mazing Race! Three gay guys on one reality show. My favorite team is the mother/gay son team. A real skinny long haired earthy gay guy named Patrick (of course, of course). He is a writer (of course he is). His mother, Susan, is a forward thinking hip lady who is the Director for Judicial Affairs for Miami University in Ohio--whatever the hell that means. All I know is I love them and I hope they win.

Can you imagine being on The Amazing Race with your mom? I think my mom and I could handle all the racing to the airport stuff in cabs. I don't know about the physical challenges- trying to get Llamas to go up a hill in Peru and stuff. I don't want to see how my mom would react to that. Actually, she'd probably do better than me. I would probably end up in a hotel room somewhere crying over a Cher video.

No comments:

Post a Comment