Monday, February 12, 2007

ans thoughts



I've been having a bit of writer's block. My mind has been in a holding pattern for quite some time now. In the words of the late great Anna Nicole when asked about her views on politics- "I know nothing about nothing." This is how I feel lately.

Thinking about Anna Nicole- I do agree that she was an odd character. As my mom said quoting my sister, "All the crayons are in the box but none of them are sharpened." (My mom also said that she saw a nice picture of ANS today without any of the "Marilyn Monroe curls" and that she thinks that the whole thing is sad.)

I don't agree that her crayons weren't sharpened. She seemed to get out of bed in the morning and wore clean clothes and brushed her teeth, which is more than I can say for myself most days. What was I trying to say before I started in on the self deprication? I was thinking back on the early days of her reality show and I remember sitting on a futon laughing my ass off. I don't think it was always at her. She seemed like she was in on the joke mostly. It was the people around her, Bobby Trendy, Howard K. Stern, Kim, etc that seemed the most depressing and fucked up.

I do think it's strange that wherever Howard K. Stern goes there seems to be someone dying of a drug overdose. Someone please take him away from that baby.

My gentleman companion was not as shaken up about her death as I was, however he did correctly assume that I might be depressed and braced me for the news which I appreciate. I guess I thought of her as an institution, someone who was permanent.

I'm not going to get all "Candle In The Wind" on your ass. I'm just talking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment