Thursday, May 25, 2006

skewl stuff

Some stuff I did for school the last couple semesters, thought I'd share it with you

For Western European History, I made these Russian "Pop"aganda posters...

MARTHAWOMEN

oprahwatches-jpeg

madonnasalute-jpeg

marilynsign

And...

This is my final project for oral history. I interviewed a Greek American gentleman and decided to remix the best quotes from the interview into a song by Air called "Alone in Kyoto." The voice is a computer text to speech robot. Have a listen.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 AM

    If I hadn't said it before, I'll say it now: I like how you blend communisim with pop culture. Your art, to me, almost feels like the two go hand in hand and that is scary on so many levels.

    ~joey~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    I think the Madonna one is my favorite. Excellent use of pop rhetoric that's instantly recognizable.

    ReplyDelete