Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Best Of David Spade!?!



I'd be ecstatic if this dvd was coming out. But it's not. I made this fake dvd cover on photoshop to vent my anger!

This is a comment to a post on my new favorite blog, TV Squad about the release of two new Best of SNL collections, "The Best Of Alec Baldwin" and "The Best Of David Spade."

Grrr..the best of David Spade. Ok, nothing against David Spade, he did great Weekend Updates. But it would be nice if they would go beyond just having male SNL best ofs-- besides just Gilda Radner and Molly Shannon.

The women (Jan Hooks, Nora Dunn, Molly Shannon, Cheri Oteri, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, etc) really are the glue that has held the always crumbling, but often brilliant show together.

I understand and accept that mainstream comedy is more or less a boy's club. Men probably won't buy a best of Cheri Oteri or Amy Poehler collection. Or for that matter, women either. So, I see the business risk that could be for whoever it is that releases these dvds-- however annoying. But David Spade??? C'mon. I guess the fan base is there. But what fabulous sketch or character do you remember from David Spade? There are a few...but in my opinion the ladies really keep the SNL ship from sinking.

Perhaps a compromise would be a compilation like "The Funny Ladies of SNL" or something.

Pisses me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment