Saturday, July 02, 2005

workin the lateshift, listening to music

I haven't written anything in awhile. Just can't seem to translate my thoughts into words.

During one of the eighteen naps I took today, I had a dream that involved me serving mugs of some liquid but they all had mustaches in them. Really weird. Someone (that I was serving) complained that the mustache they had in their mug was too big and hairy.

I went to Rob and Andy's to watch "Can't Stop The Music" the wonderful Village People movie. Because I slept all day everything, including the movie, seemed half dreamy.

So, I'm going to try to stay up all night and then all day to get my sleeping on schedule. You might think that is stupid and maybe it is. But I didn't really ask you.

I am listening to "Hell Song" by Sum 41. I heard that it was about one of the band member's friends who got HIV. But who knows.

Now the song playing is "Paninaro 95" by the Pet Shop Boys. It is from "Popart: The Hits," their second greatest hits album. I like that the songs are not chronological. There will be an old song and then a new song. So that's cool. Part of the lyrics are:

"Now you've gone, I'm all alone
My heart is broken and I don't wanna go home
You know it's all over, you're out of luck
You feel so low you wanna self-destruct
I needed you and you loved me too
but now I don't know what I'm gonna do
But life moves on, I'm talking history
and now I've got to find someone who'll dance with me"

I enjoy this song. It is sung/rapped by Chris Lowe the "cute" member of The Pet Shop Boys. The (double) cd is great. I insist that you download it illegally right now.

Now I am listening to a song called "The Real Thing" from Gwen Stefani's album. I've been kind of addicted to this song since I reintrouduced myself to this album. I made copies of cds for my friend Hillary (American Life by Madonna, the aforementioned Pet Shop Boys cds, and the Gwen Stefani album). Here are my favorite lyrics to this song.

"You're a salty water ocean wave
You knock me down, you kiss my face
I know the storms will always come
But I still love to have you around"

I don't think she is referring to actually being knocked down (by her boyfriend). I think she means it metaphorically. I also like the idea of remembering that there will always be storms and that they will always come. It's good to remember that things aren't going to be perfect and that there are going to be huge emotional trainwrecks. Now, I don't really have anyone to apply this song to but I like to pretend I have a boyfriend when I'm listening to songs. Sometimes it's about a friend or sometimes I even apply them to myself. It's a fun game.

On top of sleeping and feeling generally crappy the last couple of days I have also been feeling creatively challenged. When I don't have a creative outlet or I don't feel like my voice is being heard I don't like it. Everything I write or do is shit. shit. shit.

I am feeling a little better now that I'm getting this out. Now I am listening to "Electric Youth" by Debbie (now Deborah) Gibson. I remember when they sold "Electric Youth" perfume at Walgreens. I wanted to be a girl sooo bad so I could buy it. Madonna is going to have a perfume coming out but I don't want to get into that right now.

Now I am listening to "It's Raining Men" by Rupaul and Martha Wash. I saw Rupaul at Pridefest last weekend. I enjoyed it very much. I am so happy that it wasn't all lip synched and shit. The bitch can sing, she can work it.

I wonder if my music is too loud. I imagine the hispanic woman next door with her son is trying to sleep and all she can hear is Rupaul. I don't think it's that loud but I have no idea. I haven't really heard anyone else.

"God bless mother nature, she's a single woman too."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    You don't have a boyfriend? But I thought.....

    ReplyDelete