Wednesday, July 06, 2005

OCD meditation mantra

Sometimes when I'm walking and I'm bored I play a little OCD game where I pick an object or word that I see on my journey, example "Green Grass" and I keep repeating that "Green Grass, Green Grass" until I see another object or word written on a sign that starts with the same letter of the first object/word. That word is added to my mantra "Green Grass, Growing. Green Grass, Growing" and on and on until I have collected a bunch of words to my mantra. My focus stays on collecting words and repeating them in order. It's sort of a walking meditation because it totally gets your mind off of whatever negative thoughts or internal gossip or emotional spiraling you are immersed in. Feel free to give it a try.

This is what I ended up with when I got home:

Green Grass Growing GE Gorgeous GAIA Gorilla General God



Green Grass (self explanatory)

Growing (I saw ivy growing)

GE (I saw a pothole with this on it)

Gorgeous (A house I saw on Wilson was gorgeous)

GAIA (saw a GAIA clothes collection box)

Gorilla (not sure what this was, it was on a sign)

General (again, on a sign, General Contracting I think)

God (on a church)

No comments:

Post a Comment