Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's getting pretty bad out there...

I spent this morning watching a lovely Lifetime movie "Lost Holiday: The Jim and Suzanne Shemwell Story." Jami Gertz (Less Than Zero) and Dylan Walsh (Nip Tuck) play an estranged couple who have time to put their marriage back together after becoming stranded on a mountain while snowmobiling. I am a big fan of this genre of made for tv movies. Something about people being stranded in snow.

Stephen King's "Storm of The Century" mini-series is a big favorite. I have never watched the whole thing (even though I own it) because I just like when the characters are preparing for the storm, "It's getting pretty bad out there." Storm of The Century quickly dissolves into a horror movie and I get bored. I loved the book "Icebound" about the doctor in Antarctica who had to perform her own mastectomy.

This morning, I was going to give Erik a ride to work but we couldn't get Erik's car out of the ice because it was so bad out there. Real cold. -4 degrees. Best to stay inside-- you can watch the whole movie right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment