Saturday, October 23, 2004

Cocktails

I know it must be hard for all of you to keep up with my boozy, chain smoking, jet set lifestyle. Don't think I can't hear the murmured conversations at another one of my lavish, A-List, over the top parties.

"His fire burns so hot. Of course, It's beautiful to watch."

"Well, yes. But who's going to be there to pick up the pieces when he falls off the wall. Not me, I've had to put Jeremy back together again one too many times."

"Sure, he's got more talent than all of us combined. He just can't keep a hold of it. Like gold dust slipping through his fingers."

"...he's riding a schizophrenic horse into a wildfire."

"I agree. Let's not mistake insanity for genius."

"Well, you know that I've dealt with so many others like him, Marilyn Monroe, Brando, Belushi, Carrot Top...and look what happened to them."

"Like they're on roller coasters-up and down, up and down, fast and furious. Exhilarating as all get out. But where does it lead?"

"Nowhere."

"I've lost my lunch on that ride before. I'm not about to do it again."

"I'd just as soon sit on a bench with some cotton candy and watch it go."

"Look it him over there, so pleased with himself."

"As he should be, I suppose."

"Yes, but where does that leave him when the party's over? I mean we're all going home to our beautiful spouses and partners. We've all got something other than a musty old pillow to hold onto at night."

"Well he's certainly had the chance, with a face and a body like his-"

"An Adonis!"

"He could have any man he wanted. And they've all approached him"

"Every single one, myself included."

"It's sad, really."

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm going to have a carrot top fantasy. I bet he'd bring all his wacky props into bed with him.

    ReplyDelete