Thursday, January 03, 2008

Luscious Lime Cheesecake!

I went ahead and made the Luscious Lime Cheesecake from Paula Deen's first cookbook- The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. I received these wonderful Martha Stewart Melamine bowls from my beautiful boyfriend for Christmas so I put them to use.
Photobucket


So pretty they make me want to cry.

Photobucket


Had to do dishes first. So gross.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The cream cheese got completely clumped into the mixer (also a gift, from parents.) Should have let it come to room temperature first.
Photobucket

Making the lime zest and juice.

Photobucket

Mixing it all up-- it had lime juice, zest, sweetened condensed milk three eggs. I think that's it.

Photobucket

Ready for the oven.


Photobucket

Photobucket


While it baked, I sugared the lime garnish with Martha Stewart Sanding Sugar (also a gift from the cutest boy in the world).

Photobucket



...and done.

I had a big ol' piece with some Cool Whip (as Paula Deen recommended) and seriously thought I was going into a sugar coma. It was really really good though. A small piece would have been fine. She asked that you just spread the whole tub of Cool Whip on. I didn't think it was a good idea. I added double the lime juice-- I would have added even more. I need more lime and less vanilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment