Saturday, January 08, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY!!



When I was living in Lakemoor, Illinois with my friend Heather I had a volkswagen bug. I was working at McDonalds in Crystal Lake and I had to drive thirty minutes to get to work. There was a huge hole in the floorboard of the car which made the car freezing in the winter.

I was always running out of gas because I would wait until the last second to fill up the tank. Or I would spend my gas money on cigarettes or food or who knows what. I called my parents, like, every other day from gas stations telling them my car was on the side of the road. My dad would come and rescue with his little red gas tank.

Driving between McDonalds and my apartment in the dead of winter on a dangerously low tank of gas with a hole in my floorboard I listened to Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill over and over. I loved it so much.

1 comment:

  1. YES! I have them sorts of memories too...
    Music I listened to in High School or just after high school reminds me of very nostalgic mooments in my life.
    Thank God for music!!!

    ReplyDelete