Tuesday, December 11, 2007

made a cake tonight 2

Tonight I got off my white ass and walked through the icy drizzle to my local Walgreens. I wanted to make Amy Sedaris' Huella's Chocolate Cake. Really getting into cooking and crafting lately. Can't get enough of it.

I'm a loyal customer to my Walgreens as there is no other place to buy foodstuffs and sundries in my neighborhood. There is a colorful cast of characters in this place that must like their jobs, because I don't see a lot of turnover. There is a very nice FTM trans gentleman, he is not the manager but he "can help you with whatever you need." I know because I asked for a manager to find out if it was really true that I could not buy cigarettes with my prescriptions and he told me gently but firmly that it was against their policy. Well there policy must have changed because I've been doing it since I lived here. They must have put a memo up about me. There are three very cranky ladies who I don't get along with. One is the "Beauty Advisor." Now I don't want to get mean, but she must follow the "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy. Maybe she's so burned out giving Walgreens beauty advice that she doesn't have anytime left for herself. All in all they are a very capable crew and I have had no problems. My favorite pharmacy tech is this beautiful woman who I think I really connect with. She is very motherly and smart. We kind of exchange these glances like we both "get it," you know?

Anyway so here are some pics of Amy Sedaris' Huella's Chocolate Cake. A very small cake that I used a too-big bundt pan for because I realized I didn't have another pan. I used Hershey's REAL DARK for the chocolate-- Um... F'ing Delicious!! I grated what I had left over the top.



Smoked a cigarette while mixin', ain't gonna hurt it none.
http://thejeremyshow.com/images/100_1247.JPG

Could not get the damn thing out. Had to force it. I know all the tricks but it wasn't budging.

http://thejeremyshow.com/images/100_1250.JPG

So it broke apart a little.

http://thejeremyshow.com/images/100_1257.JPG
Mmmmm. Frosting made it better.

http://thejeremyshow.com/images/100_1262.JPG
Throw a sequined poinsettia on it and call it a day.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    So I google this cake and you are the only one in the whole internet-o-sphere that has made it! So maybe you can answer me this: What on earth does 1 1/3 tablets of chocolate mean?? Baking chocolate tablets are a different size from regular chocolate tablets... unless she means an entire bar. And one small packet of almonds?? We got all sorts of small packets of almonds here. Small, smaller, smallest, smallish... God bless her and all, but I wonder if she could make her recipe a little more obscure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey "i like you!" I had the same problem. I decided that a tablet was like a large chocolate bar. So i think i around 5 ounces. I didnt use nuts.

    ReplyDelete