Tuesday, November 21, 2006

the price is right

I recently was involved in a discussion about "The Price is Right" with Andy and Rob. Andy and Rob both said that show reminded them of staying home sick when they were little.

Although I do have memories of watching The Price Is Right as a child home from school, I surround myself with television shows that remind me of staying home sick all the time. I record these shows-- The View, Live With Regis and Kelly, Martha, etc--- because they make me feel safe.

I listen to Madonna, Bette Midler, Dolly Parton, because they remind me of better times in my life. As I imagine the oldies channel reminds my mother of the same.

In a sense, I have been staying home sick (metaphorically) for a long time. Distanced from those who are out living. I don't have any immediate plans to change this, but I thought I'd make a note of it. Maybe explore it further...

How strange it all seems. Everyday. This is my life. This is my life. My name is Jeremy. I am Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment