Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nakatomi Plaza


I just got a DVR from comcast. I am watching and recording Die Hard. I have no idea why.

I recall that my friend Ryan had the box set of all three dvds. I cant imagine him really liking these movies. Everyone likes these movies I guess. Or maybe he was just excited by the box set.

My first box set was "Lucy's Trip to Europe"- which was three videotapes. It had all the episodes of her in Europe, obviously. I brought it to Heather's house and we watched all of them. It seemed so decadent that I had all of these I Love Lucy episodes, three videotapes of them!

Now there are "boxed sets" everywhere you look. We are all librarians of pop culture. Holding onto director's cuts and limited editions and complete series and seasons as if we will never see them again. As much as it is about wanting to see our favorite movies or television shows whenever we want to, I think its about owning a little of that fantasy world for ourselves. Like I am closer to Oprah and The Simpsons if I own the dvds.

Yippy-kiyay Mother Fucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment