Saturday, November 06, 2004

lord, here comes the flood

Just got back from Bette Midler concert with Rob. It was beautiful, wonderful --everything I remembered and more. Like going to a big beautiful church.

Yet, somehow I'm empty.

I don't usually like to post my emotions on my blog. Ugh-- but I'm feeling so drained I need to let it out- all over you.

Everything I say is wrong. Everything I'm wearing doesn't fit. My attempts at holding onto sanity are laughable. And everyone knows it. Goddam depression, bipolar, general anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality blah blah blah whatever the hell this is.

I know that I can hold on. I've been through this before, and will go through it again and hold on. It really fucking sucks though.

Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this. Again, that's why I don't write stuff like this.

Mama needs to get to sleep and start this whole song and dance again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. turn that frown upside down!

    Thanks,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Your revelations are startlingly honest. And universal. If you wrote a book I would buy it.

    PS: After each Bette concert I've been to (3, all this year) I've felt like shit. It's something about being in the presence of the Divine that reminds me how far removed my life really is from all her fabulosity.

    jill

    ReplyDelete