Monday, November 08, 2004

family

(assignment to write about picture that looked like a cult)

Thank you for coming. My name is Sheila, I'll be your buddy for the first day. You can put your things in the cloak room. Don't worry about theft. There is no theft in our community. We share everything.

I hope your journey was pleasant. It can be hard to find the compound. But that's how we like it-- remote, cozy.

You will notice that we don't ask about your past life. This is unimportant. What is important is that you are here now. You are part of your real family now.

Let me tell you what you can expect.

First, we have morning devotion. I am so excited for you. This will be the first time you will meet Mr. K. He loves you. Mr. K loves loves you so much.

Then we have our first meal. This is the first time you will meet your sisters and brothers. It's so wonderful to be able to share a meal with so many people who love you.

Then we start our work devotion. You will work in the harvest rooms, as most newcomers do. We grow all our own fruits and vegetables here, indoors. You will learn how to handle the food so gently and discover such love for it.

Then we have another devotion celebration for Mr. K.

You will need to memorize this and be able to recite it for Mr. K:

Mr K, I have so much love for you,
and what you represent for myself
and my sisters
and my brothers

You represent the will of the people
of your community

I love you and thank you for teaching us the
values and morals that will
allow me to become a productive member of our community

The rest of the day is yours to wander the compound or select a book from the library of books written or approved by Mr. K.

I'm so excited you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment